TV BANTER QUIZ #2
So you think you know your Yuletide television trivia. Why not put yourself to the test with this 10-question Christmas television quiz? Good luck.
1. What was the name of the song that Fred Flintstone sang on The Flintstones 1964 Christmas episode?
A. Jingle Bells
B. Merry Christmas is My Favorite Time of Year
C. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
D. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
E. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
2. Who provided the voice of both the narrator and The Grinch in the animated television special of Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas?
A. Vincent Price
B. Orson Welles
C. Boris Karloff
D. Christopher Plummer
E. James Earl Jones
3. In The Brady Bunch Christmas episode, what affliction overcame Carol Brady (Florence Henderson)?
A. She lost her voice
B. She was allergic to the Christmas tree.
C. She had a terrible cough.
D. She became ill after drinking too much eggnog.
E. She had a serious case of halitosis.
4. In the 1964 Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer animated special with Burl Ives, a North Pole elf named Hermey wanted to pursue another occupation. What did "misfit" Hermey want to do?
A. He wanted to be an actor.
B. He wanted to be a basketball player.
C. He wanted to be a gourmet chef.
D. He wanted to be a lawyer.
E. He wanted to be a dentist.
5. Who provided the voice of the narrator and sang the title song in the 1969 animated special Frosty the Snowman?
A. Bing Crosby
B. Danny Kaye
C. Jimmy Durante
D. Louis Armstrong
E. Robert Goulet
6. Who appeared as a guest on a 1977 Bing Crosby Christmas special and sang The Little Drummer Boy with Bingo.
A. Bob Hope
B. Elton John
C. Rod Stewart
D. David Bowie
E. Mick Jagger
7. In A Charlie Brown Christmas, which character denies sending Charlie Brown a Christmas card after he sarcastically thanks her.
C. Pepperment Patty
D. The Little Red-Headed Girl
8. In a 1955 Honeymooners episode entitled "Twas the Night Before Christmas," what does Alice buy Ralph for Christmas?
A. A pool cue
B. A bowling bag
C. A fishing rod
D. A hat
E. A red and white tie
9. Who appeared in a guest role in a 1958 episode of The Donna Reed Show entitled "A Very Merry Christmas?" (This is a tough one. Give yourself a bonus point if you answer it correctly).
A. Buster Keaton
B. Buddy Ebsen
C. Robert Young
D. Danny Thomas
E. Art Carney
10. What was the name of the drummer boy's lamb in the 1968 animated television special The Little Drummer Boy?
Fred Flintstone replaced an ill Santa Claus one Christmas. As he delivered the gifts to the children, he sang, Merry Christmas is My Favorite Time of Year.
To watch a video clip of Boris Karloff narrating How the Grinch Stole Christmas, click the link below.
Carol Brady had laryngitis and was concerned that she would be unable to sing in the church choir at Christmas.
Hermey the Elf wanted to be a dentist. To view a video clip of Hermey expressing his aspirations to be a dentist, click on the link below.
Jimmy Durante narrated Frosty the Snowman and sang the title song.
To watch a clip of "da old schnozzola" singing Frosty the Snowman, click on the link below.
David Bowie joined Bing Crosby in a rendition of Little Drummer Boy. To view a video clip of the Crosby-Bowie duet, click on the link below.
Violet denied buying Charlie Brown a Christmas card.
Alice bought Ralph a bowling bag not knowing that Ralph had sold his bowling ball in order to buy her a Christmas present.
Buster Keaton dressed up as Santa Claus for the children at a hospital. To watch video clips of the episode, click on the link below.
The Little Drummer Boy's lamb was named Baabaa. To watch a video clip of The Little Drummer Boy and his injured lamb, click below.