Okay readers, let's cut to the chase! The four big questions concerning Y&R right now are:
1. Did Kelly really commit suicide?
2. Who killed Austin and who is stalking Abby?
3. Who is conspiring with Victor Newman in the confessional?
4. What does Victor have on Jack Abbott that will bring Smilin' Jack down?
Always at your service, I will address all four questions head on.
1. Did Kelly take her own life or is this all part of Victor Newman's big plan, his grand scheme to destroy Jack Abbott and take over Jabot? Only the writers know for sure, but I an inclined to believe she is still alive and that her so-called suicide is all part of Victor's plan. The Big Man's fingerprints are all over this one, figuratively speaking.
2. My guess is that Austin is still alive and that he is the one stalking Abby. I believe that he is working with Ian Ward to destroy the Newmans and the Abbotts. The videos show how vindictive Austin could be and how much he resented Summer's family.
Joe Clark could also be involved in the scheme. He is wicked enough and may be involved for reasons yet to be revealed. There are things about Joe's past we still don't know. He's still very much a man of mystery.
3. I'm still trying to figure out who is Victor's co-conspirator in the confessional. Regular viewer Fifi from Collingwood, Ontario reports that some fans have been speculating that The Black Knight's co-conspirator is Maureen Russelll (Meredith Baxter), Dr. Stitch's mother. The last time we saw Maureen, Nikki gifted her a handsome sum of money and she promptly left town. She hasn't been seen since.
I just hope that when Victor's co-conspirator is revealed, it's a connection that's at least somewhat believable. I hope it's not something ridiculous or contrived.
4. Victor definitely has something on Jack Abbott and he's planning to use it to blackmail his hapless rival into selling Jabot to him. Vile Vic had quite a smirk on his face when he offered to buy Jabot from Jack. He looked like the cat who caught the canary. It was the look of a man who has the upper hand. Victor is holding all the cards and he knows it. Poor Jack, on the other hand, was left worrying about what his rival is up to - and with good reason.
Chelsea went on a little road trip with Adam/Gabriel and their Jabot car ran out of gas. It's the oldest trick in the book and Y&R uses it to bring couples together. (Remember how Devon's fancy car broke down and he was stranded alone with Hilary?). It seemed the perfect time for Adam to tell Chelsea that he is still alive, but he didn't take advantage of the situation. At any rate, Adam once again failed to reveal his true identity to his wife. Chelsea will eventually find out, but it looks as if the writers are going to drag it out longer. It's quite obvious, however, that B and C will never get to the altar. It's also quite apparent that Chelsea does not love Billy the way she loved Adam. As Sage observed, Chelsea positively glows when she talks about Adam, but does not display that same glow when she speaks about Billy Boy. As for Sage, I think she will be the one to spill the beans about Adam to Chelsea because she is losing patience with Adam's procrastination. He can't seem to get the words out of his mouth..
Could there be a worse police force than Genoa City's? Due to the ineptness of GC's Finest (if that's the finest, I wouldn't want to see the worst), Kelly was able to evade capture at the airport. No wonder GC;s citizens are so uptight and stressed. They fear for their safety.
Now that Dr. Stitch'em Up is acting as Abby bodyguard, he and the spoiled Newman heiress are getting awfully chummy. Could a romance be in the offing for them? Possibly, but I doubt it will work out. Given Abby's track record and her lack of judgement with men (Daniel, Tyler, Austin), she is probably headed for more heartache. Her mother certainly won't be happy if she connects with Stitch because I suspect she's harbouring feelings for Dr. Romeo herself. Ashley is more serious about Stitch than she lets on or has led him to believe. She is just pretending that what happened between them meant nothing. By the way, now that Abby knows their secret, how long before Victoria finds out?
Poor Noah! He spends all of his time dealing with his dysfunctional parents and their problems. He is constantly defends them. Now both his parents and his grandfather are suspects in the murder of Austin and/or the stalking of Abby.
Baby-faced Kyle is not as sweet and innocent as he appears. What was he thinking when he wrote a threatening message on Sharon's mirror in order to get her to confess to Adam's murder? He didn't even consult with the others before doing that. He just took it upon himself.
Here are some observations and opinions from CC in Etobicoke, Ontario
Well CC, I guess they think viewers won't notice or that we won't think it's a big deal how Nikki left the ranch. However, in my opinion, the writers and producers should show more respect for the intelligence of their viewers.
Yes, Victor the Villain is behind a great many of the dirty deeds in Genoa City. As vile as he can be, though, he is not responsible for all the underhandedness and duplicity that goes on in the Peyton Place of Wisconsin. Having said all that, I must admit that it sometimes seems as if The Moustache has his big, grubby hands on everything. Nevertheless, I doubt he would harm his own daughter, Abby, or have her stalked.
Yes, CC, almost everyone seems to be a suspect in Austin's demise (if he is indeed dead). Sharon has also been added to the list. New head writer Charles Pratt wants to keep viewers guessing.
It was good to see Jerry Douglas back for another stint as the ghost of John Abbott. As I've mentioned before, I think it was a bad mistake to kill off John Abbott, the patriarch of the Abbott family and a popular character. With all the turmoil Jack has been going through lately, I'm really surprised his father's apparition didn't appear earlier to give him some much-needed advice and provide a voice for his conscience.
Angell Conwell has returned. Her Leslie character was last seen on screen in 2014, at the conclusion of Austin's trial for shooting Paul Williams (Doug Davidson). At that time, she informed fellow lawyer Avery that she had accepted an Assistant District Attorney position. After that, she just vanished with nary a mention. Now she's back and conveniently working as a defence lawyer. She's ready to defend her ex-boyfriend Neil
As for Leslie's brother, Tyler Michaelson, played by Redaric Williams, I have yet to come across any mention that he will be coming back. If any fans know differently, please let me know.
Ryan Caltagirone is playing the role of Winston Mobley, the new Assistant District Attorney. He made his first Y&R appearance on Tuesday, March 24, 2015 on CBS (March 23rd on Global TV in Canada). According to Internet spoilers, Hilary will flirt with the new ADA in order to manipulate him where Neil's case is concerned.
|In the last edition of Y&R Report, I forgot to mention this gem. I was quite amused when Abby referred to Stitch as Dr. Brush Cut.
Y&R REPORT READER'S POLL
It shouldn't be too much longer before Chelsea discovers that "Gabriel Bingham" is really Adam. (Note to writers:You have been dragging this one out long enough!). Although Chelsea seems to love Adam more than Billy, would she be wise to go back to him after all that's happened? Could they regain what they had before or should she continue to build a more stable life with Billy? You decide.