If you are a fan of medical shows, this ten-question quiz is for you. From Dr. Kildare to Dr. Welby to Dr. House, TV Banter, has the questions for you. Are you up to the challenge? Take the test below and find out.
1. On Marcus Welby, M.D., what was the name of Welby's loyal Hispanic secretary-nurse?
A. Maria Martinez
B. Consuelo Lopez
C. Angelina Gomez
D. Gloria Alvarez
E. Donna Perez
2. Which Hollywood heartthrob had a regular role on the long-running medical drama ER?
A. Brad Pitt
B. Ryan Reynolds
C. Tom Cruise
D. George Clooney
E. Mark Wahlberg
3. Canadian-born comic and television show host Howie Mandel played a role a the medical drama. Name the series Howie Mandel appeared on.
A. St. Elsewhere
C. Grey's Anatomy
E. Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
4. On Medical Center, what was the name of Chad Everett's character?
A. Dr. Frank Peterson
B. Dr. Jim Hannon
C. Dr. Joe Gannon
D. Dr. Lawrence Reilly
E. Dr. Steven Ross
5. In what city does Grey's Anatomy take place?
A. New York City
B. Los Angeles, California
C. Boston, Massachusetts
D. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
E. Seattle, Washington
6. Which medical drama began with the opening words "Man, woman, birth, death, infinity!?" (This is your bonus question. Give yourself an extra point if you answer it correctly.)
A. Dr. Kildare
B. Ben Casey
C. Medical Center
D. Marcus Welby, M.D.
E. Doctors' Hospital
7. On House, Dr. Remy Hadley, played by Olivia Wilde, is better known as
8. The opening theme song for Dr. Kildare was "Three Stars Will Shine Tonight." Who recorded the theme song used on the show?
A. Richard Chamberlain
B. Andy Williams
C. Dean Martin
D. Frank Sinatra
E. Nat King Cole
9. On Grey's Anatomy, whom did Dr. Cristina Yang marry?
A. Preston Burke
B. Colin Marlowe
C. Derek Shepherd
D. Alex Karev
E. Owen Hunt
10. What vehicle did Dr. Steven Kiley, Welby's associate on Marcus Welby, M.D., drive?
A. Red convertible
D. Black sedan
E. Blue sports car
Consuelo Lopez was the name of Marcus Welby's loyal nurse. Elena Verdugo portrayed Consuelo. Born on April 20, 1926, the former 1940s "B" movie actress for Universal Studios, is now 85 years old. The late actor/director Richard Marion, who died of a heart attack in 1999 at age 50, was her son.
From 1994 until 1999, George Clooney played Dr. Douglas "Doug" Ross on ER.
Toronto-born Mandel played the role of Dr. Wayne Fiscus on St. Elsewhere.
Chad Everett played the part of Dr. Joe Gannon on Medical Center. The CBS medical drama ran from 1969 until 1976.
Grey's Anatomy takes place in Seattle, Washington. It chronicles the lives and loves of interns, residents and others at fictional Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital.
|Vince Edwards (right) and Sam Jaffe|
Ben Casey, starring Vince Edwards in the title role, ran on the ABC network from 1961 until 1965. Every episode began with a hand drawing the symbols for man, woman, birth, death and infinity on a chalkboard while the voice of Sam Jaffe (who played Casey's mentor, Dr. David Zorba) pronounced the words for the symbols. Then, after an opening scene, the show's dramatic theme song began. To watch Part 1 of a Ben Casey episode, click on the link below.
Dr. Remy "Thirteen" Hadley is part of Dr. Gregory House's new diagnostic team at the Princeton-Plainsboro Training Hospital in New Jersey. The secretive character received her nickname on the episode titled "The Right Stuff" in which she is assigned the number 13 during a competition for her position.
Richard Chamberlain, who played Dr. James Kildare, recorded "Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight)." Chamberlain wrote the song's lyrics and it was released as a single in 1962. To listen to him sing the Kildare theme song, click on the link below.
Cristina Yang, played by Sandra Oh, married Owen Hunt, a former military surgeon.
Dr. Steven Kiley, Welby's younger associate, was portrayed by James Brolin. Kiley drove a motorcycle while Marcus Welby (Robert Young) drove a long sedan. By the way, Dr. Welby hired Kiley to assist him with his workload after suffering a mild coronary.