The Brady Bunch ran for five seasons, from 1969 until 1974 on ABC. During its run, the series featured many celebrity guest stars. Here are descriptions of some of the most notable guest appearances on the show.
* Desi Arnaz, Jr., the son of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, appeared on The Brady Bunch during his teen heartthrob days. In a Season One episode titled "The Possible Dream," Marcia Brady (Maureen McCormick) meets Desi after writing about him in her diary. The episode aired on February 27, 1970. Oh yes, we must not forget Marcia's heartfelt declaration after receiving her first kiss from Desi Jr. "I'll never wash this cheek again!" she says dreamily.
|Desi Jr. kisses Marcia|
* Former football star Joe Namath guest-starred on a Season Five episode entitled "Mail Order Hero." In that episode, which aired on September 21, 1973, Broadway Joe visits Bobby Brady (Mike Lookinland) because he mistakenly believes that Bobby is suffering from a terminal illness.
* In a Season Three episode, Davy Jones of the Monkees performs the song "Girl" at a music studio, visits the Brady home and promises to escort Marcia to her school dance. The episode, titled "Getting Davy Jones," aired December 10, 1971. Trivia note: Marcia Wallace, who portrayed Carol on The Bob Newhart Show, played the role of Marcia Brady's teacher in his episode.
|Davy Jones on The Brady Bunch|
To watch Davy Jones as he sings "Girl" on The Brady Bunch, click on the link below.
* Marion Ross, the actress who later became famous as Marion Cunningham, the mother on Happy Days, played the part of Dr. Porter, a doctor who treats the Brady girls' measles in a Season One episode. "Is There a Doctor in the House?" aired on December 26. 1969.
|Marion Ross as Dr. Porter|
* Hawaiian singer Don Ho appeared in the first of a three-part Season Four opener called"Hawaii Bound." "Hawaii Bound was filmed on location in Hawaii and the first segment aired on September 22, 1972. In Part One, Ho serenades the two youngest Brady children, Bobby and Cindy (Susan Olsen). By the way, Don Ho passed away in Waikiki on April 14, 2007 of heart failure. He was 76 years old.
To watch "Hawaii Bound," click on the link below.
* The late horror actor Vincent Price appeared in two of the three segments of the Hawaii episode. He played the role of the dastardly Professor Hubert Whitehead in "Pass the Tabu" (Part Two) and "The Tiki Caves" (Part Three). Whitehead holds the Brady boys hostage until they are rescued by their parents, Mike (Robert Reed) and Carol (Florence Henderson).
Vincent Price, a lifelong smoker, died of lung cancer and emphysema on October 25, 1993. He was 82 years old.
* Comic actress Imogene Coca is best remembered for her role opposite Sid Caesar in the 1950s variety series Your Show of Shows. In 1972, she played the Brady girls' eccentric Aunt Jenny in a Season Three episode entitled "Jan's Aunt Jenny." In this episode, Jan Brady (Eve Plumb) sees a photograph of Aunt Jenny and fears that she will grow up to resemble her aunt. FYI: Imogene Coca died in Westport, Connecticut on June 2, 2001 at the age of 92.
|Imogene Coca as Aunt Jenny with Eve Plumb.|
Post a Comment