TV BANTER QUZ #3
Are you ready for the third TV Banter television quiz? Get ready and good luck. There are ten questions.
1. On Bewitched, the actor who played Samantha’s Uncle Arthur was
A. Don Knotts
B. Gayle Gordon
C. Paul Lynde
D. Joey Bishop
E. Art Carney
2. The voice of Marge Simpson on The Simpsons is provided by
A. Joan Rivers
B. Brenda Vaccaro
C. Joy Behar
D. Julie Kavner
E. Marlo Thomas
3. On The Beverly Hillbillies, what was the name of wealthy banker Milburn Drysdale’s wife?
4. Regis Philbin recently announced his retirement. In the late 1960s, Regis was the sidekick of which television talk show host?
A. Merv Griffin
B. Joey Bishop
C. Dick Cavett
D. Mike Douglas
E. Jack Parr
5. On The Patty Duke Show, what was the name of Patty Lane’s boyfriend?
A. Richard Harrison
B. George Davis
C. Billy Taylor
D. Richard Patterson
E. Mike Drake
6. On Father Knows Best, what was the nickname of Kathy, the youngest of the three Anderson children?
E. Sweet Cakes
7. Which of the following television stars was not born in Canada? (This is tricky. Give yourself a bonus point if you answer it correctly).
A. William Shatner
B. Michael J. Fox
C. Art Linkletter
D. Jason Priestly
E. Kiefer Sutherland
8. Which of the following television brothers are brothers in real life?
A. Peter and Bobby Brady on The Brady Bunch
B. Wally and Beaver Cleaver on Leave it to Beaver
C. Chip and Ernie Douglas on My Three Sons
D. Tommy and Nicholas Bradford on Eight is Enough
E. Frasier and Niles Crane on Frasier
9. On the short-lived 1965-66 comedy My Mother the Car starring Jerry Van Dyke, who provided the voice of the car (By the way, the car was a 1928 Porter)?
A. Donna Reed
B. Bette Davis
C. Vivian Vance
D. Ann Sothern
E. Anne Francis
10. Before scoring a big hit with Magnum P.I., Tom Selleck was a cast member on a soap opera. What was the name of the soap opera?
A. As the World Turns
B. The Young and the Restless
C. Days of Our Lives
D. One Life to Live
E. All My Children
1. The answer is C. Paul Lynde played Uncle Arthur on Bewitched.
2. The answer is D. Julie Kavner is the voice of Marge Simpson. Julie played Brenda Morgenstern, Rhoda’s younger sister on Rhoda.
3. The answer is A. His wife was Margaret Drysdale.
4. The answer is B. Regis Philbin was Joey Bishop’s sidekick.
To watch a video of Regis and Joey Bishop with guest star Sammy Davis, Jr., click on the link below.
5. The answer is A. Patty Lane’s boyfriend was Richard Harrison. The role of Richard Harrison was played by Eddie Applegate.
6. The answer is D. On Father Knows Best, Kathy’s nickname was Kitten. Her older sister Betty was called Princess.
7. The answer is E. Kiefer Sutherland was born in London, England. He is the son of Canadian actors Donald Sutherland and Shirley Douglas. His parents were working in London at the time of his birth. After they divorced, Kiefer went to live in Toronto with his mother where he spent his school years. Kiefer Sutherland has dual Canadian and British citizenship.
8. The answer is C. Stanley Livingston played the role of Chip Douglas on My Three Sons. His real-life younger brother, Barry Livington, played Chip’s adopted brother, Ernie Douglas.
9. The answer is D. Ann Sothern was the voice of “Mother”.
10. The answer is B. Tom Selleck portrayed Jed Andrews on The Young and the Restless from 1974 to 1975.