I have a challenge for you today. From time to time, television quizzes will appear on this website. Here is the first one. There are ten questions. Good luck.
TV BANTER QUIZ #1
1. On The Beverly Hillbillies, how was widower Jed Clampett related to Granny?
A. She was his great-grandmother.
B. She was his late wife's grandmother.
C. She was his late wife's mother.
D. She was his great aunt.
E. She was his stepmother.
2. On The Beverly Hillbillies, what was Granny's real name?
A. Pearl Bodine
B. Loretta Clampett
C. Alice May
D. Daisy Moses
E. May Bodine
3. Buddy Ebsen, who played Jed Clampett on The Beverly Hillbillies, was the original choice for a famous movie role. What was that role?
A. Gene Kelly's part in Singin' in the Rain
B. Jack Haley's role as The Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz
C. Gene Kelly's role in An American in Paris
D. Leslie Howard's part as Ashley Wilkes in Gone With The Wind
E. The James Mason role in the Judy Garland version of A Star is Born
4. On I Love Lucy, what was the hometown of Ethel Mertz, Lucy's best friend.
A. Albuquerque, New Mexico
B. Jamestown, New York
C. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
D. Newark, New Jersey
E. Phoenix, Arizona
5. On I Love Lucy, the original name of the nightclub where Ricky Ricardo performed was The Tropicana. When Ricky took ownership of the club, what did he rename it?
A. Club Cuba
B. Club Babalu
C. The Havana Club
D. Ricky's Mambo Palace
E. Club Ricardo
6. On I Love Lucy, when Lucy returned from Europe, what food item did she try to smuggle on the airplane in a baby blanket?
7. Which famous baseball player appeared on an episode of Leave it to Beaver?
A. Mickey Mantle
B. Willie Mays
C. Don Drysdale
D. Sandy Koufax
E. Yogi Berra
8. Who played Lucy Ricardo's old school teacher in an episode of I Love Lucy entitled "Lucy Meets Orson Welles" (Season 6, Episode 3, Air date: October 15, 1956)?
A. Barbara Stanwyck
B. Bette Davis
C. Ellen Corby
D. Jane Wyman
E. Tululah Bankhead
9. Beginning in 1957, Marjorie Lord played Kathy, the second wife of nightclub entertainer Danny Williams on Make Room for Daddy (The Danny Thomas Show). Jean Hagen played his first wife from 1953 to 1956. In 1956, Hagen quit the show. Rather than replacing her, Danny Thomas had her written out of the show by having her die. What was the name of Danny Williams' first wife?
10. What was the fate of Edith Bunker of All in the Family?
A. She was run over by a car and died.
B. She left Archie and moved in with her daughter Gloria.
C. She had Alzheimer's disease.
D. She was poisoned.
E. She died of a stroke.
1. The answer is C. Granny was Jed's mother-in-law, the mother of his late wife.
2. The answer is D. Granny's real name was Daisy Moses.
3. The answer is B. Buddy Ebsen was the original choice to play The Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz. He had to forgo the role because he was allergic to the silver make-up required for the part.
4. The answer is A. The hometown of Ethel Mertz was Albuquerque, New Mexico.
5. The answer is B. Ricky Ricardo changed the name of The Tropicana to Club Babalu.
6. The answer is A. Lucy Ricardo tried to smuggle cheese back from Europe.
7. The answer is C. Pitcher Don Drysdale appeared on an episode of Leave it to Beaver entitled "Long Distance Call" (Season 5, Episode 37, Air Date: June 16, 1962). He later made another guest appearance on The Brady Bunch. To view a clip of Drysdale on those two shows, click on the link below.
8. The answer is C. Ellen Corby, better known as Grandma Walton on The Waltons, played Lucy's former teacher in that episode in which Orson Welles appeared.
9. The answer is D. Margaret was the name of Danny Williams' first wife.
10. The answer is E. Jean Stapleton, who portrayed Edith Bunker, on All in the Family, wanted to leave her role. In the first episode of the 1980-81 season of Archie Bunker's Place (the successor to All in the Family, Archie was seen grieving over Edith's unexpected death from a stroke.