1. So, fans, how do you like David Tom as Billy Abbott? I have nothing against him but I much prefer Billy Miller. I suppose if Miller had to be replaced, David Tom would have been a good choice since he's played the part of Billy Abbott before. The point is that Y&R did not have to replace Billy Miller. All they had to do was allow him some time to pursue other acting assignments. Why didn't they? It's a decision that really irks me.
2. Why did Clueless (police chief Paul Williams) question Billy Boy Abbott so relentlessly when Billy was injured and traumatized from the car explosion? Clueless told Princess Victoria Newman that the questioning was urgent but failed to explain why the interrogation couldn't wait until Billy was feeling better. Clueless was even trying to force Billy Boy to answer questions without a lawyer present.
Speaking of the Princess, I strongly doubt that she'll keep her vow about being truly finished with Daddy Victor in her life. I hate to say it but I think The Big Man was right when he said, "She'll come back. She always does." Now that Victoria knows about Billy and Kelly, she'll need some support. Victor will say, "Sweetheart, I've told you all along that Billy Boy isn't good enough for your. He's a punk and a playboy!"
3. Poor Fenmore Baldwin! He's the Rodney Dangerfield of Genoa City. He just can't get any respect. That slimy Richard Womack calls him "Mouse" and a Genoa City cop called him "Junior."
4. Why did Sharon react so calmly to the news of Adam's supposed death? She didn't even shed a tear. She was quite composed and didn't seem as if she were grieving at all. She chatted with Summer as if she had only experienced a minor disappointment. The writers were really asleep at the switch because Sharon really cared about Adam.
5. It's amazing how easily one can find a dead ringer for someone in Genoa City! Victor Newman just happened to stumble on Cassie's exact look-alike. What a coincidence! How convenient for Victor! He was able to use Cassie's doppelganger to scare Sharon and to find out the secret she is keeping from his son, Nick. I know soaps are not expected to accurately reflect reality but why are viewers expected to overlook all those frequent look-alikes?
6. That sneaky Aussie con man, Colin Atkinson, is back! I just wish the writers hadn't taken so long to explain the Jill kidnapping caper and her quick, unexpected marriage to that sly criminal. Jill just can't seem to help herself because he's so suave and she's so attracted to him.
7. There was plenty of high drama at the Valentine gala event for the Delia Fund. Michael Baldwin was conveniently out of town, of course, because he would have recognized Womack. Speaking of Womack, didn't he look different all dressed up in a suit and tie?
8. It looks like Chloe has gone off the deep end where baby Connor is concerned. She obviously thinks of The Cute One as a replacement for Delia. Now she's kidnapping him and leaving town. I really don't understand how she plans to get past airport security using a passport with Chelsea's picture on it. How convenient that she was able to get possession of it in the first place!
Time for Paul and Christine to ride off into the sunset...maybe they should get away from the Wisconsin winter by flying off to Florida.
Well, CC, I really hope you are wrong about Carmine and Lauren. That ship has sailed. Lauren's storyline should move on to other things. I hope that the writers only brought Carmine back to prevent Fen from serving a prison sentence for murder.
I couldn't agree with you more about Paul Williams. That's why I call him Clueless. He would never have become police chief without wearing a uniform himself. How many private detectives become police chiefs? Not only that, but he's terrible at solving crimes. No wonder Victor's investigator discovered the truth about Adam before Clueless Williams. Paul has been far more concerned about helping Nikki find her long-lost son and dealing with Ian Ward. I think he still has a thing for The Big Man's wife. Christine (also known as The Cricketmeister or The Bug) had better keep her eyes open.
Having said all that, I like Doug Davidson. He's been a fixture on the show for many years and I don't want him to leave.
It appears that Adam Newman has somehow survived that car explosion and now there is speculation that Chris McKenna will eventually replace Michael Muhney in the role. McKenna, formerly Joey Buchanan on One Life to Live, announced via Twitter that he will be coming to the Y&R. "It appears I'll be making a bit of a return to soaps," he tweeted. "At least for a few episodes. #theyoungandtherestless" Although McKenna will be taking on the recurring role of Mark Harding, many believe that he will turn out to be Adam. Plastic surgery? No, couldn't be! Nothing personal against Chris McKenna, but I think Y&R should have allowed the character of Adam Newman to die. If the speculation turns out to be true, McKenna will have the unenviable task of replacing Michael Muhney and it will be more difficult to bring closure to the bitter firing of his predecessor. Why does everyone have to come back from the dead on soaps anyway? Carmine Basco has just returned to life. Isn't that enough for now? Not only that, but we still have the ghosts of John Abbott and Cassie Newman hanging around! Hey, Drucilla's body was never found. Maybe someday, they'll resurrect her to come between Neil and Leslie.
Since Kelly is an integral part of the storyline, I don't think the character will be written out. A new actress will likely take over the part.
That's all for now. The February sweeps continue and don't forget that the next edition of the Y&R Report will appear on Saturday, March 1, 2014.